11/30/12

30 Days of Thanks

I have been loving all the "thankful" Facebook posts I have been seeing from my friends. I didn't think I would stick with it for 30 days, so I decided to put all my 30, in one post. I know I might be the only one to read through all of this, but I think it's important to make my thanks known to the One who pours them out. Here it goes...

1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him, the rest is meaningless. He saved me from my sin and delights in me. I don't deserve Him (or anything) but He continues to be faithful and pour out the richest blessings. The kind of blessings money can't buy and "the world" doesn't understand. I am forever grateful and owe my life to him.

2. My husband. I love him with all my heart. Every year truly gets better- and I'm not just saying it. He loves me. I love him. It is a beautiful thing, orchestrated by God alone. 

3. My son. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy. I had no idea how wonderful it really would be. He melts my heart when he smiles at me and when he says ma-ma (which he did for the first time yesterday). He has helps me realize just how selfish I am. When he's asleep I want to go in and pick him up just so we can snuggle. He is one of my favorite blessings from God.

4. My parents- they really are 2 of my best friends. I love them. I am thankful for the way they raised me. I would rather spend time with them than do most anything else. 

5. The brothers- all 4 of them. They are all different and I love them for it. They all relate to me differently and I love that too. When I was younger I wondered if we would all survive living with each other. Now, I can't imagine what life would have been like without them. Again, some of my very best friends.

6. The in-laws- both the ones my brothers married (my first real sisters) and the ones I married into. In-laws are somewhat odd at first (suddenly they are there at every family gathering) and then you wonder how they were ever not a part of your family. I really truly love them all. 

7. Nieces and Nephews- I love my role as Aunt Cindy. And now that I have my own, I feel like I don't spend as much time as Aunt Cindy. But I have no less love for these precious little ones. 5 nephews 3 nieces. Love them much.

8. Sabetha, KS- Small town. 13 years of school. 20 years of residence. My favorite place to be. 

9. Growing up around my extended family. I grew up 2 blocks from my Grandma and 7 miles from my other grandparents. All of my aunts, uncles and cousins were within 30 minutes (most closer than that) of each other. I'm sure that my childhood memories are a little more "Mayberry" than it really was, but I think most of it was actually that great. I really love(d) my grandparents and I know that it is a blessing from God that I was able to grow up this way.

10. Being able to stay at home with Eli. 

11. Old friends- the ones that know me because they knew me from the beginning. These are sweet friendship that have long dry spells (because of distance mainly) but when the rainy seasons come, they are sweet.

12. Music- it is good for my soul. I am thankful for this way I can praise God. 

13. Tahlequah, OK- Never did I ever think I would be thankful for this place when we moved there. Boy, was I wrong! God knew what he was doing when he placed us in Oklahoma for 4 years. We went through some of the toughest times we've seen so far, but some of the greatest too. It is so great to look back and see how God provided. We grew spiritually and as a couple. The friends we have from this time are the kind that know us really well. They don't know just Brent or just Cindy- they know us as a couple. We consider them family.

14. Athletics- played such a significant role in my growing up years and taught me many things that I could't get anywhere else. Basketball is my favorite and I will always love it. I love competition.

15. A Home

16. Photos- I love remembering good times. I'm glad we have digital cameras to capture the moments. 

17. Newscasters/Sportscasters- this is kind of a silly one but I really like these people and their abilities to pass on information: Brian Williams, Bob Costas, Chris Collinsworth, Savannah Guthrie, Al Michaels, Gus Johnson- I could go on.

18. Vehicles- they aren't pretty or fancy but they have been faithful.

19. College friends- always a good time and a good laugh. Some of my favorite memories. Love these friends. 

20. Evenings in- I love not having to be anywhere and just relaxing. 

21. Cell phones- convenience, connection, handy.

22. The seasons- although they seem to be not-so-defined, I like a change of pace, temperature, and landscape.

23. Crafting and being creative

24. New recipes

25. Our church family

26. TV- I know most of it is trash, but I really enjoy watching it!

27. KU basketball- currently watching

28. My grandmas- they were/are about as opposite as two people can be. One tall, one short, one outgoing, one shy- but they both played a significant role in my life. I am the woman I am today in large part to them.

29. Tabor College- played the biggest role in Brent and I getting married. Without it, we wouldn't have met. Loved my 2 years there. 

30. The many teachers/coaches that invested in my life. I truly had some of the best teachers a person could have. I could start listing them, but it would take a long time. 

I AM BLESSED FAR BEYOND WHAT I DESERVE. Thank you, Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment