5/31/23

Micah is 9

Micah turned 9 in the middle of April and then the "end-of-school" started. :) I told myself I had to get his update done before June otherwise my brain would turn into mush. 


When we think of Micah we think about what a great friend he is. He has a variety of kids in his class that he talks about and he knows real details about them. Whenever my kids get invited to a birthday party, I ask what kind of gift their friend would like and he can always come up with something. I heard one of his friends describe him as the "class clown" so I'm trusting his teacher would have told me if that was a problem. He loves to laugh and make others laugh too. That's true at home too. Micah and Eli have really gotten into sports cards. They both still love the Dallas Cowboys. It's wild to me how much they have picked up from reading cards. He adores Emmit Smith and when the boys play football he loves playing running back. He's so shifty fast- I think he often surpises people with his speed. They know what era certain players are from based on the card design and know rookie years to players from looking them up. I will admit, the hobby sometimes makes me crazy when I walk in their room, but overall it's been a good bonding experience for the boys and not a bad way to get some sneaky reading in. :) 



Micah received the core essentials award at the end of the school year this year. He and his buddy Marshall and I genuinely think he was just as happy for Marshall as he was himself. He's just the best cheerleader. Oh, and he's become a good photographer for us at Eli's baseball so that has been really handy for this mom. He is anxiously awaiting the start of his season- kid pitch! 


This past year meant a diagnosis for Micah too. He has alopecia areata. If you've seen him in person, I'm certain you've noticed. It's an autoimmune disease and his dermatologist has given us hope that his hair growth will return, but of course it isn't guaranteed. For now, it seems his hair loss has stalled out, so we're just treating the spots and will see his doctor next month. He has done awesome with it- kids ask of course, but he tells them the name and they move on. I think it's evidence of what a good friend he is to others, because they haven't picked on him about it at all. 


Of all of our kids, Micah is the most emotive about missing his Grandpa Wichert. He often will tell us stories he remembers in the most random of moments. I'm so glad God made him this way. Micah is such a gift to our whole family. Our prayer continues to be as Micah grows in stature that he will grow in favor with God and men. We are confident that God who began His good work will see it to completion- that Micah will grow to hear the voice of God and respond in obedience. Oh God, let it be. 

Height- 51.5"
Weight- 58.8lb 

No comments:

Post a Comment