3/17/15

Basketball: It's What We Do and Part of Who We Are

In my family, basketball is a big deal. Growing up, we played it often. I have many memories of playing long after the sun had set. There was a lone bulb light behind the goal which made it particularly difficult to see, but perhaps made us better shooters. My siblings and I all played through high school and 4 of us in college. We all have similar shots taught to us by our dad. He certainly helped develop that love in all of us and mom encouraged it by telling us to go out and shoot (and even would get us out of drying dishes at times). I have been to more basketball games than most, but I still love it. Most of my birthdays were spend in our family suburban on the way to sub-state game. I would open my presents in the car and we would have a family birthday on a Sunday in March. We had cable growing up for the sole purpose of being able to watch games (not just basketball). It is a huge part of our lives and bonds us all. In the last 2 weeks, I have seen approximately a dozen games. It was a great year for the Wertenbergers. My brother Ben's team made it to state for the first time. AND the Sabetha boys and girls teams made it too (my brother Josh is an assistant coach for the boys team). Thankfully, they were all in the same class this year, so we got to go to just one location.
Leah and Micah at the Remington game.

Remington Girls- headed to state! 


Lane's first basketball game and it's a good one to call your first!
 Brent got me tickets to the OKC Thunder basketball game. He had our friends Sankie & Jamie meet us there. It was my first NBA game and we had a lot of fun! 





3A State- Hutchinson, KS

Coach Wertenberger

Ron Baker- didn't even zoom in. :)

Tynlee and Eli

Big Papa and Micah

Eli and Little Grandma

Sabetha Boys- 3rd place

Eli and Uncle Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment