4/18/14

Micah Scott Wichert

Micah 6:8 "He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." 

Our sweet sweet little boy is here! His name is Micah Scott. His first name is one we have liked for a long time (we knew what his name would be very early in our pregnancy). We pray that someday he will know just what it means to "act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with his God" as Micah 6:8 states. His middle name is the same as my brother Randy's middle name. We also hope he grows up to be a man of God like his Uncle Randy. Randy has a wonderful ability to laugh at himself and to selflessly serve those around him. Great qualities we hope Micah will take on too. 

Just a little guy! 6lbs 7oz 18.5inches.

We've had a few people ask us if Micah Scott is after Michael Scott (the character on The Office). Although this question is not crazy, The Office has easily been our favorite television show for years, the answer is no. We think it's kinda fun that they sound similar, but that's it. :) 






His birth story: 

We went in at 5:45 in the morning on Thursday, April 17. We got checked in and they started the folley bulb at around 7. This was to get my cervix ready. It worked and about 12 it came out (don't worry it was supposed to). Around 12:30 my doctor came in and broke my water and then we started the epidural. Things seemed to go pretty quickly after that. Here's where we thought Micah's birth story was going to end up being exactly like Eli's- ending in a cesarean section. With every contraction, Micah's heart rate would drop and the nurses would have to re-adjust my position, find his heart rate again and wait for another contraction. As contractions came faster, my nurses were earning their money flipping me from side to side, readjusting monitors, etc. It felt very similar to when we had Eli. Because I was doing a VBAC, my doctor was at the hospital during the whole active labor, so I knew she was watching monitors and was just outside my door and that eased my mind. About 2:40, she came in and said "wow, he has dropped a lot, are you ready to have this baby?" (I have to interject in here that at this point, I am convinced my epidural isn't working but I really don't know.) So the team gowned up and literally 6 pushes later, Micah was here! 


Big brother will get to meet Micah later today and we just can't wait to have our family all together again! God is SO good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment