8/29/12

Keisha's Casserole

Back when Brent and I lived in Oklahoma, we used to have Sunday pot-lucks almost every Sunday. It was so great because a big group could eat together without taking up half the restaurant and half the afternoon. Anyway, Keisha made this casserole and it is delicious and easy! Great for a week night supper. 


The best part of this dish (aside from being quick) is that it is versatile. Pictured above I have 2 russet potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, medium onion and smoked sausage (but you can add or take away anything you want). Wash and chop all ingredients and put in a casserole dish. This particular time I sprinkled the whole dish with creole seasoning. Top with a stick of margarine or use olive oil (cover in foil) and bake at 350 for about an hour. 

I have also made a variation of this for a side dish (a bit lighter) this summer. I cut up zucchini, summer squash and potatoes (sometimes I left out the potatoes). Toss in some olive oil and season with salt, pepper, rosemary and parsley. Bake in oven at 350 for an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment