10/26/11

You may be asking yourself why I posted a picture of my refrigerator on the blog. Well I think you can classify this post under "completely random", but for some reason I was compelled to blog my thoughts as I was cleaning the fridge today. That's right, I cleaned my fridge- please no congratulations- if you knew how long it had been, you'd more likely be appalled than impressed. And along those same lines, do not be alarmed by how little real food there is occupying the refrigerator shelves. That is actually the point. 


Come the month of September, I sat down and scheduled out meals for the month and then made a grocery list to coincide with this schedule. At the end of the month I had several meals that I had not made yet. (I love when this happens because it delays my HUGE grocery store run). Anyway, I decided that we were just going to eat everything we had in our pantry, fridge, or freezer until we had no more food. Would you believe that it is October 26th and we still have some meat in the freezer and enough other things to to make meals. Granted, some of our meals are a little bit random and maybe a little scant, but by NO MEANS have Brent and I suffered on our caloric intake. In fact, we both weigh the most we ever have- blame it on the pregnancy... I digress... Anyway, I am amazed that on any given month I would have made another schedule, gone to the store and come home with a load of food to prepare for that month. When in fact, we had plenty of food to sustain us. So, you're probably still wondering...what's the point?


I think I just realized for the umpteenth time how blessed we are. Brent and I have been learning (slowly) how to live on less (again not meant for sympathy or congratulations just a realization) and God continues to provide us with what we need. 


Matthew 6:30-34 (ESV)
"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment