2/16/13

Laundry Detergent

I know I know. There are TONS of pinterest recipes for homemade laundry soap out there. But recently one of my facebook friends asked about people's opinions on homemade laundry soap and I responded to her with a book of information. So I thought I would pass on my information to the rest of you that are thinking about making your own detergent. I have tried 3 different kids of homemade soaps so here is my report on them. (I feel like I'm in school again and I like it.) 

The first kind I tried was the powder version. I got this from my cousin, Heidi's blog. You use 1T with each load. I liked it fine and felt like it got our clothes clean. The only complaint was that it faded some of our dark clothes. It probably wouldn't have done this if I added it first to the water before adding clothes, but sometimes I just forget things...


So I decided to try the liquid version of this soap. This is when I discovered One Good Thing by Jillee on pinterest. She has ALL KINDS of homemade cleaning products. I have tried several and love them. They are so much cheaper without compromising the quality of the product. 
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/08/homemade-laundry-soap-revisited.html
I liked this soap and it lasted a long time. You use about 1/2 a cup for each load. It worked fine, but when I ran out I decided to try out Jillee's easy laundry detergent. (Not that this one was that difficult to make, just a little time consuming.) 


The last detergent (and the one I am currently using) is a no-grate simple laundry detergent. 
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/04/super-fast-and-easy-homemade-laundry-detergent.html

This is my favorite of all of them. Easy. Quick. Simple. Works. I added a small handful of Downy Unstoppable (to each gallon) to make the soap smell fresh and clean. I like good smelling stuff. You use 1 c of solution for each load, so it doesn't last as long but it takes mere minutes to whip up another batch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment