8/26/11

Three-Fifths

Today marks 24 weeks of my pregnancy. That's 24/40. Only 16 weeks to go. We had an appointment this week and my doctor said that things looked fine and that after my next appointment in September, we would start going every 2 weeks. Wow! That means it's getting closer that baby Wichert will be here. Now that we know the gender, everyone is asking what our name is (or if we have a name picked out). Well to answer each question- we know the first name (at least we're pretty sure we do) and we don't have a middle name picked out yet. Are we sharing? No. We aren't for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that we really like our name and don't want other people's opinion to make us re-think it. Our hope is that once he is here, people won't feel as free to share their opinion about our name choice (if they don't like it). The second reason is, maybe we'll change the name later, and that just might be confusing. I think whatever people decide to do for their own child is fine. If they don't find out the gender, if they do and share the name, and any combination of those two- it's all great. This is just what we're doing.
Me and baby boy at 24 weeks. The shirt I'm wearing is from Oklahoma Papa Pete. Good thing it's stretchy. :) Go Icefighters! 


I've started looking at nurseries and think I have found a concept I really like. If you saw my blog a few days ago I talked about pinterest.com. I have used this to "pin" some nursery ideas and I think it is going to be a lot of DIY projects, but I am looking forward to it. So, I'll post pictures once I have a few projects done. Mom is bringing me her sewing machine this weekend so I can experiment a little bit. If you don't see any pictures, it means that it was a huge disaster. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your 'bump'! I cannot wait to see you guys in a couple months! Packertly family reunion!! HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete